Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's a girl!!

How time gets away from me! We've had the fun of Spring break, the last crazy month of school with testing, concerts, awards assemblies, etc., and here we are in our second week of summer vacation. The kids are enjoying the freedom to read three books a day (Rachel), play legos for hours on end, watch mythbusters on netflix, swim at the pool, and generally have a great time. I am enjoying having everyone around, at least I am when I am not playing referee. My favorite consequence I have come up with in the last couple of days is that when one of them is bugging another, I get to assign them an extra chore. We'll see if it cuts down on the contention....

On another note, I had an ultrasound in May and we're having a little girl! I knew it, but it was nice to have it confirmed. :) We are thinking of naming her Eleanor and calling her Ellie. We could also call her Ella or Nora, or name her something else altogether if she doesn't look like an Eleanor. :) The kids delight in telling me that Ellie is growing (my belly is getting bigger...). I am glad she appears to be healthy and growing and developing normally.

--Sarah

1 comment:

Kadie said...

Congrats Sarah!!! Sounds like life is going well.